Acupuncture is an old art that has its roots in China. Today, it is popular all over the world.
As more and more people are turning to alternative medicine and towards acupuncture in particular, its popularity has even grown to the point that even practitioners in western medicine are prescribing it. They use acupuncture for acute injuries, for chronic illness, for pain relief, for several side effects due to other medicines, for incurable problems, throughout cancer treatments etc.
The major use of acupuncture nowadays is in the pain relief. For example severe tension headaches, migraine, acute backaches, shoulder and neck aches, leg pains, trapped nerves, muscle related injuries, after surgery, carpal tunnel syndrome, after sports injuries, menstrual pains, tennis elbow, tooth aches, abdominal pains, arthritic pains, rheumatic pains, sciatica and frozen shoulder.
- It can be treated for many other illnesses as well, aside for relief from pain. These include:
- Conditions including the eyes and mouth such as simple cataract, dry eyes, conjunctivitis, retinitis and toothache, pharyngitis, dry mouth condition known as xerostomia and post extraction pain.
- Menopausal problems and symptoms, hot flushes, endometriosis, infertility, premenstrual tension.
- Bladder or bowel issues like irritable bowel and irritable bladder problem and incontinence. Issues in painful urination or urination, cystitis and urinary infections.
- Breathing problems, such as asthma, bronchitis, colds and coughs which persist, sinus problems, catarrh and tonsillitis.
- Digestive disorders, including diarrhea, heartburn, indigestion and nausea.
- Skin problems and allergies like rhinitis, hay fever, prickly heat, rashes and ulcers, eczema, some types of dermatitis and psoriasis.
- It can also help in addictions primarily to stop smoking.
- Heart disease like hypertension, poor circulation, stroke recovery.
- It also helps in conditions such as hiccough, gastritis, gastric ulcers, colitis, constipation, lack of energy and chronic fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, mood swings, post traumatic shock, dizziness, in post operative treatment, in complaints that can’t be diagnosed, golfer’s elbow and Achilles tendonitis.
In short, acupuncture may be used for almost anything and everything – it could control pain, it can help in addictions and addiction withdrawal symptoms, it can help in enhancement of health, it can help in recoveries after injuries such as sports injuries, it could stop illnesses, fortify the body and it can also be used and show results when all other types of medicines failed. Sometimes the acupuncture therapy, that is inserting needles in to the body, is performed along with other complimentary methods like herbs, massaging, cupping, moxibusion also referred to as warming, electro-stimulation and with laser devices.
Due to the upbeat nature of acupuncture it attracts positiveness which gives the patient a sense of well being and of being thoroughly relaxed. This improves their overall health and gives them more energy after treatment. Simply because acupuncture is a therapy using natural methods, individuals rarely experience any side effects. It could also be suitable for people of all ages, that is from children to even the elderly.
Acupuncture Glasgow- a technique of inserting fine needles into particular points of the body.